|Additional incentives or advantages|
- - KCMO Film Development Program offers two (2) rebate tiers for qualified KCMO verified expenditures. A production can benefit from only one (1) of the incentive tiers and can qualify for one or both bonuses.
TIER ONE (1) INCENTIVE REBATE
Minimum City of Kansas City, Missouri spend in the following categories will receive a 3.5 percent rebate on qualified expenditures:
- $300,000 – Feature film with budget over $1 million
- $100,000 – Feature film with budget under $1 million
- $50,000 – TV Show per episode (scripted or unscripted)
- $200,000 – TV series or commercial bundle
- $75,000 – National commercial
- $25,000 – Regional commercial or corporate video
- $10,000 – Short film or music video
TIER TWO (2) INCENTIVE REBATE
Must qualify for Tier One minimum spend and one of the following is true and the benefit is fulfilled, a production receives a 10 percent rebate on qualified expenditures:
- 250+ KCMO room nights; or
- Film for four or more consecutive weeks in KCMO; or
- 25 Crew/Principle Cast (Greater KC area hires and at least 1/4 must reside within the 6 Council Districts);
AND fulfills the Community Benefit Requirement – Cast member(s), director, executive producer, producer, head of department “gives-back” to emerging artists or young people interested in the industry by connecting with them at a talk, panel, seminar, set visit or other opportunity.
Two additional marketing incentives adding 0.25% to tax rebate available, granted production meets requirements.