|Benefit as a % of spend||30.00|
|Financial cap per production||-|
|Do I have to register/set up a company?||No|
|Does foreign cast/crew paid in their home country/region qualify as expenditure?|| No|
|Do foreign cast/crew have to pay tax in the host country/state/region?|| No|
|Does travel to/from country/region qualify as expenditure?|| Yes|
|Can a production qualify for other national incentives such as cultural programmes if it qualifies for this incentive?|| No|
|Criteria to access the benefit|
- - Minimum percentage of the film that must be shot in the region: 0.00%
- - Minimum spend 2 (in local currency)
- - Use Local cast & Crew
|When will the benefit/incentive be received?|
- - On commencement of principal photography
|Additional incentives or advantages|
- - Free use of buidings/facilities/services within jurisdiction
- - • Fiction or animation feature films of over 70 minutes duration, serial works of fiction, animation or reality shows with a minimum of 3 episodes and 00 minutes duration are eligible.
The minimum spending is R2 million in eligible expenses. Payments are made in four instalments including and advance payment.
• International advertising productions must spend R2 million in eligible expenses and payment is made in a single instalment after the exhibition.
• There are further fixed prize sums available for international productions that include Sao Paulo or a character from Sao Paulo in their narratives.