|Benefit as a % of spend||17.50|
|Financial cap per production||-|
|Do I have to register/set up a company?||Optional|
|Does foreign cast/crew paid in their home country/region qualify as expenditure?|| No|
|Do foreign cast/crew have to pay tax in the host country/state/region?|| No|
|Does travel to/from country/region qualify as expenditure?|| No|
|Can a production qualify for other national incentives such as cultural programmes if it qualifies for this incentive?|| Yes|
|Criteria to access the benefit|
- - Minimum spend 40000000 (in local currency)
- - Use Local cast & Crew
|When will the benefit/incentive be received?|
- - On submission of audited accounts
- - State approx. number of months after completion of audited accounts
|Additional incentives or advantages|
- - VAT / GST /Sales Tax recoverable
- - Total funding allocated per production will not exceed 17.5% of total eligible expenses.
A refund of the VAT of up to 16%, which has already been in effect as a stimulus to the export of goods and services for several years.
Since not all spend concepts in Mexico are subject to VAT, the Program provides for funding so producers can receive u to 7.5% of Mexican qualified spend. The two benefits combined come to a net 17.5% of the QPC spent within Mexico.