|Benefit as a % of spend||0.00|
|Financial cap per production||100000|
|Do I have to register/set up a company?||Yes|
|Does foreign cast/crew paid in their home country/region qualify as expenditure?|| No|
|Do foreign cast/crew have to pay tax in the host country/state/region?|| Yes|
|Does travel to/from country/region qualify as expenditure?|| No|
|Can a production qualify for other national incentives such as cultural programmes if it qualifies for this incentive?|| No|
|Criteria to access the benefit|
- - Minimum shooting days: 5
- - Use Local cast & Crew
|When will the benefit/incentive be received?|
- - On commencement of principal photography
- - On completion of principal photography
|Additional incentives or advantages|
- - VAT / GST /Sales Tax recoverable
- - Rece tour assistance, location finding service
- - Any monies due to the production company will occur as part of the process of the production company’s lodgement of its tax return for the financial year in question.
There are no national insurance contributions or social security charges in Australia. There are compulsory contributions for superannuation (pension fund) purposes; however, temporary residents are generally able to claim this back on departure.
Foreign residents for tax purposes may also be subject to withholding tax. However, Australia has dual-tax treaties with a wide variety of countries. For full details, please see www.ato.gov.au.