|Benefit as a % of spend||25.00|
|Financial cap per production||5000000|
|Do I have to register/set up a company?||Yes|
|Does foreign cast/crew paid in their home country/region qualify as expenditure?|| No|
|Do foreign cast/crew have to pay tax in the host country/state/region?|| No|
|Does travel to/from country/region qualify as expenditure?|| No|
|Can a production qualify for other national incentives such as cultural programmes if it qualifies for this incentive?|| No|
|Criteria to access the benefit|
- - Minimum spend 500000 (in local currency)
|When will the benefit/incentive be received?|
- - On submission of audited accounts
- - End of national fiscal year
|Additional incentives or advantages|
- - Payroll tax rebate of 35% paid to Alabama residents.
Exemptions to amounts of Production Expenditures required for incentives:
- Soundtracks: A Qualified Production Company must incur total Production
Expenditures of at least $50,000, but no Rebate shall be available for Production
Expenditures in excess of $300,000.
- Music Videos: A Qualified Production Company must incur total Production
Expenditure of at least $50,000, but no Rebate shall be available for Production
Expenditures in excess of $200,000.
Productions that expend an aggregate of USD150,000 or more in connection with a qualified production within a 12 consecutive month period are also exempt from state sales, use and lodging taxes.
Tax Exemption Certificate.
Financial cap per year is $20,000,000.
The incentive will be received following the tax year.