|Benefit as a % of spend|
|Financial cap per production||600000|
|Do I have to register/set up a company?|
|Does foreign cast/crew paid in their home country/region qualify as expenditure?|| No|
|Do foreign cast/crew have to pay tax in the host country/state/region?|| Yes|
|Does travel to/from country/region qualify as expenditure?|| No|
|Can a production qualify for other national incentives such as cultural programmes if it qualifies for this incentive?|| No|
|Criteria to access the benefit|
- - Minimum percentage of the film that must be shot in the region: 55.00%
|When will the benefit/incentive be received?|
- - On commencement of principal photography
- - State approx. number of months after completion of audited accounts
|Additional incentives or advantages|
- - VAT / GST /Sales Tax recoverable
- - Rece tour assistance, location finding service
- - The “Scene in San Francisco” Film and Television Rebate Program offers a refund of up to $600,000 on any fees paid to the City of San Francisco for a scripted or unscripted television episode or feature length film or documentary.
This can include permit fees, payroll tax, up to 4 police officers per day, City owned locations, City owned production office and stage space, street closures, etc.
Budgets over $3 million must shoot 65% in San Francisco.
San Francisco also has a Vendor Discount Program, offering 10-30% off hotels, restaurants, production services, car rentals, and a 5% discount on Virgin America.