British Film Commission
The British Film Commission (BFC) is the UK Government’s national organisation responsible for international film and television production in the UK. Funded by the Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport, the Department for International Trade and the BFI, the BFC leads on:
- Maximising and supporting the production of major international feature film and high-end television in the UK
- Strengthening and promoting the UK’s film and television infrastructure
- Liaising between the Government and the film and television industry on policy issues that impact on production
The BFC has industry sponsors who form the membership of the agency’s innovative public/private partnership: Angels Costumes, The Walt Disney Studios, Harbottle & Lewis, HBO, Movie Makers, Netflix, Pinewood Studios, Saffery Champness, Warner Bros, 3 Mills Studios, BBC Studios, DNEG, Elstree Studios, Framestore, MPC, The Bottle Yard Studios and Working Title. The BFC is the national division of Film London.
The BFC is supporting your production from development to delivery. With expert teams in the UK and US, we are available to respond to queries 24 hours a day.
- On location in Mongolia with Orgil Makhaan, the founder and president of the Mongolian National Film Commission
- Filming in the pursuit of gross national happiness in Bhutan with Tenzin Gyeltshen of the Bhutan National Film Commission
- Disney to film Peter Pan & Wendy in Newfoundland and Labrador
- The Production Guild of Great Britain appoints Michael Beavan as Director of Partnerships and Projects
- Location Collective launch London's largest film studios