West Finland Film Commission
West Finland is the home to the densest archipelago in the world, comprising of more than 20,000 islands just off the coast. The region has stunning rugged coastal and island terrain. We are also near idyllic countryside locations, as well as untainted and mystical forests. Our region’s capital, Turku, is Finland’s oldest city. The beautiful River Aura is set against a lovely medieval-meets-modern city milieu.
West Finland offers easily accessible diverse landscapes and filming possibilities throughout the year. Our region enjoys all four seasons. Summers are pleasantly warm (up to around 28°C) with almost 20 hours of sunlight, while winters usually drop to about -10°C with about 6 hours of daylight and 2-3 months of snow.
The West Finland Film Commission is a service provider for film, television and commercial production companies. Our one-stop shop principle helps producers meet even the highest requirements of any project. We do our very best to match your every need. Learn more and do not hesitate to contact us at https://wffc.fi/
- Production on Iron Sky: The Ark jumps from China to Finland
- On location in San Francisco with Film SF Executive Director Susannah Greason Robbins
- Finnish film commissions prepare for Berlinale location filming lunch
- HBO drama Hemingway & Gellhorn doubles San Francisco for global locations
- Joe Wright puts locations first filming Hanna in Germany, Finland and Morocco