North Finland Film Commission
Wild unspoiled nature and northern industrial milieus. Tundra and taiga forests. Frozen harbours and the Sun that never sets. In the middle of nowhere but still close and well-connected. Northern Finland offers unique settings for unique stories.
The North Finland Film Commission – NFFC acts as the first link to the local authorities and the film infrastructure in the area of Oulu, Kuusamo, Kajaani and Kokkola.
Finland's cash rebate of 25% in addition to regional and national funding schemes makes North Finland appealing filming location and NFFC warmly welcomes you to the Arctic North!
Director: Simo Halinen
Producer: Liisa Penttilä-Asikainen
Director: Visa Koiso-Kanttila
Producer: Mika Ritalahti, Niko Ritalahti
- Production on Iron Sky: The Ark jumps from China to Finland
- ABC’s The Bachelor travelled to Lapland in search of the northern lights
- On location in San Francisco with Film SF Executive Director Susannah Greason Robbins
- Finland: The coolest Nordic country is fast becoming a filming hot spot
- Finnish film commissions prepare for Berlinale location filming lunch