Costa Rica Film Commission
The Costa Rica Film Commission is a public-private council that boosts local audiovisual production business, fosters foreign investment attraction to film in the country, and encourages the exportation of audiovisual production services and contents to international markets.
Formats developed in the country and promoted by the organization cover fiction feature films, series, scripted and non-scripted television, documentaries, commercials, video clips or corporate videos, video and audio postproduction.
Costa Rica stands as an ideal and safe filming destination for many reasons: multiple locations; robust telecommunications infrastructure throughout the country; the existence of legislation that protects copyrighting; lower labour costs when compared to the United States or Europe (as a non-union country); and a good offer in the hospitality industry with ecotourism, adventure, and wellness options at competitive prices.
The Costa Rica Film Commission is a member of the Latin America & Caribbean Film Commission Network, (LAFCN), and the Association of Film Commissioners International (AFCI).
Discover your new Lovecation.
|Address||Escazu, Prospero Fernandez Highway, Plaza Tempo Complex, 3rd Floor
|Contact||Jose Castro - Film Commissioner
- Latin America's first Cineposium to take place in Bogotá
- On location in Mongolia with Orgil Makhaan, the founder and president of the Mongolian National Film Commission
- On location in the Cook Islands with local Line Producer Stan Wolfgramm of Drum Productions.
- On location in Berlin with location scout, and BVL- Location Scouts Guild of Germany member, Tatjana Liebenow
- I, Daniel Blake named Outstanding British Film at the BAFTAs