Pre-production forum

Welcome to our pre-production forum where productions come to life!
Thousands of producers, location and production professionals worldwide use our free pre-production forum service to post location briefs and production requests of all descriptions.
Please feel free to post up your location and production needs and receive answers and advice from our global filmmaking community.

Please abide by the forum rules

TLG Home Forums Pre-Production Forum Aerial filming in Eastern Iceland

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
  • Hi there – we”re trying to find an aerial filming company as near as possible to Eastern Iceland – we want to film on Jokulsarlon glacial lagoon but all the companies we can find are based out of Reykjavik which will mean 2 hours flying each way before we even start filming! Either helicopter or hovercam would do it. Any suggestions gratefull received! Anna

Hi Anna,
    The only arial service you can get is from Reykjavik.
    If you have any more questions, you can contact me at einar@filminiceland.com
    Regards,
    Einar
    Film Commissioner

David Clark

Hi Anna,

There are two options Hovercam can offer you. The first is for us to do this shoot with our remote controlled helicopter. The remote controlled helicopter can make for great close range aerials e.g; Peaking over the top of an iceberg or circling it. However, given the size of the location it would struggle to give the sense of perspective that maybe required on this occasion. The second option is for us to ship one of our full-size helicopters over. If you were organise a container for transport this could be done relatively easily.

If you would like to discuss this further please let me know at your convenience.

Kind Regards

Andy Macpherson
    Hovercam Ltd.
    +44 (0) 1752 482711

Henri Phimasset
    Participant

hello Anna,
    I´m afraid there´s no other way to do this in Iceland.
    All the helicopters are based in Reykjavik, which means that flying time to the Glacier Lagoon.
    my best,
    Einar

Pegasus Pictures

Matt Downey

Hi!
    If you would like to rent a Cineflex v14 for your aerial shots, we would happily ship ours to Iceland for you. We are a Stockholm, Sweden based helicopter charter company and we have recently acquired Scandinavia’s first Cineflex V14. If you are unfamiliar with the Cineflex, please check out our reel: http://vimeo.com/2888263?pg=embed&sec=&hd=1
    And please check our website:
    http://www.heliair.se
    Our pilots are very experienced film pilots, and our crew have more than 20 years total experience from aerial filming.
    Regards
    Jonas Malm
    +46 70 6739818
    jonas@cineflex.se

Ilana Louw

Hi Anna, I have Cineflex V14 available in UK, SA and AU.
    Please drop me a line with details of your shoots in
    Iceland and Tunisia and I’ll put together some costings for you.

Cheers,

Terry
    cameramotion@optusnet.com.au

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Aerial filming in Eastern Iceland’ is closed to new replies.
  • You must be logged in to create new topics.

The Location Guide - Forum rules

• Use of the forum is free. You must however agree to abide by the following rules:
  • All messages express the views of the author, and not of The Location Guide;
  • The Location Guide team will try to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, but cannot be held responsible for the content of any message;
  • In using this forum, you promise not to post any messages that are abusive, hateful, obscene, sexually-oriented, defamatory, threatening, discriminatory, or otherwise violative of any laws;
  • The Location Guide team reserves the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread or post for any reason;
  • We may also remove messages that are not related to the topic of discussion, or are otherwise inappropriate;
  • Messages that directly sell or market your company's products or services will be removed;
  • Spamming is forbidden. This includes chain letters and advertisements;
  • Spamming or repeated posting of objectionable messages will result in termination of your access to this forum and the whole of The Location Guide's website.

[s]