Pre-production forum

Welcome to our pre-production forum where productions come to life!
Thousands of producers, location and production professionals worldwide use our free pre-production forum service to post location briefs and production requests of all descriptions.
Please feel free to post up your location and production needs and receive answers and advice from our global filmmaking community.

Please abide by the forum rules

Forums Pre-Production Forum Camera/Drone Entry and filming permit – Morocco

This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Fred Challa 2 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
  • Mark Thomas
    Participant

Hi – I need someone to help facilitate entry of two french citizens to Morocco with DSLR camera gear and a drone

Also help with permission to shoot aerial footage whilst there

Arriving 7 August

any help and insight much appreciated

Ibrahim Alturki
    Participant

Dear Mark,
    Kindly get in touch with me via email. I can assist you with all your needs ASAP. I’m a well experienced line producer and have one of the best crew available.

Looking forward to it

Brahim
    Plan C productions
    Plan.c.filmproduction@gmail.com

Facebook/plan c productions
    YouTube/ plan c productions
    Instagram/ plan.c.productions

Hello,

You need more time than that to come here and shoot with Drones .
    There is a very efficient ,system here , but you have to follow the rules .
    I work as a fixer between the U.K. And Maric with a good company here , if you email me I will explain.
    It’s really busy here right now and a lot of people in administrations are in Holiday as well .
    So please allow time and plan ahead .
    Best
    Christian Mcwilliams
    Film location manager
    Christianinealing@gmail.com

Ibrahim Alturki
    Participant

It takes about one week to get the authorizations! Whether for drone filming or regular shoot.
    And no one is on vacation, cuz if that’s the case then the country will simply stop operating!
    You can call CCM ( centre cinématographique marocain) yourself and check.
    The series Vikings is shooting in morocco as we speak, so with all due respect…there are no holidays for shooting a film!

Cheers!!
    Brahim

KHALID BOFOR
    Participant

Dear Mark,

We are a production service based in Marrakech , Morocco . and we can definitely help you with the permit and drone . you have a very tight schedule but we can help you no worries It would be really great if you could drop an e-mail to info@b-kfilms.com
    regards

BK FILMS
    info@b-kfilms.com
    bkfilmprod@gmail.com

Fred Challa
    Participant

Hello Mark,

It really depends on where you are shooting. If it is Marrakech, you need to deal with Marrakech authorities and so on.

First, you need to get a shooting permit, which means you need to hire a Moroccan Company who would handle this for you, and handle the import / export issues including the drones. You need to provide full details of what you intend to shoot, where, when and at what altitude. List of technicians, budget allocated for Morocco, the budget as a whole, and eventually pay for the permit from the get go.

The drones would need to be approved in Rabat by customs (it would be best if you sent the detailed list of the drones before you actually fly here), once done, then your production services company would need to get the approval from the local authorities where you are intending to shoot.

No visas are necessary for french citizens.

My company Dreamaker Productions, will be happy to assist you if you still need it.

Please email me the details.

dreamakerprod@earthlink.net
    Cheers,
    Fred Challa

There are lots of good companies here, Foad’s information is accurate and correct, and he does not come to work on a flying carpet, I would recommend him.
    Best to you, good luck,
    Christian

Fred Challa
    Participant

Thank you for your support Christian, I would say even more about you. You are by far someone who embraced Morocco and thus made it home for you. You have serviced the biggest productions of the world in Morocco as well, and one can only be humble enough to learn the trade from you.

God bless you and your lovely family Christian.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 3 months ago by  Fred Challa.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

You must be logged in to create new topics.

The Location Guide - Forum rules

• Use of the forum is free. You must however agree to abide by the following rules:
  • All messages express the views of the author, and not of The Location Guide;
  • The Location Guide team will try to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, but cannot be held responsible for the content of any message;
  • In using this forum, you promise not to post any messages that are abusive, hateful, obscene, sexually-oriented, defamatory, threatening, discriminatory, or otherwise violative of any laws;
  • The Location Guide team reserves the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread or post for any reason;
  • We may also remove messages that are not related to the topic of discussion, or are otherwise inappropriate;
  • Messages that directly sell or market your company's products or services will be removed;
  • Spamming is forbidden. This includes chain letters and advertisements;
  • Spamming or repeated posting of objectionable messages will result in termination of your access to this forum and the whole of The Location Guide's website.

[s]