Pre-production forum

Welcome to our pre-production forum where productions come to life!
Thousands of producers, location and production professionals worldwide use our free pre-production forum service to post location briefs and production requests of all descriptions.
Please feel free to post up your location and production needs and receive answers and advice from our global filmmaking community.

Please abide by the forum rules

TLG Home Forums Pre-Production Forum Corporate Tower Block Buildings

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
  • Hi, I”m trying to research on average how much large corporate office/tower block buildings charge (ballpark) for a days shoot in their foyer? I”m talking about a medium-large size crew, and moderate disruption! It would be good to have some comparisons in cities around the world – maybe where the fees are really high there could be a ”global” forum to get these largely ”global” corporations to take into consideration what the benefits can be to help our great industry thrive. Any info/experiences on this front would be gratefully read. Thanks. Julie

Marla Touw

Hi Julie:
    Hamilton Ontario Canada is a community of 500,000 people but a fairly small downtown in terms of corporate buildings. I would guess at $2,000 to $4,000 max per day for filming.
    Hope that helps.
    Jacqueline

carmen ford

Dear Julie

We are in Hungary , in Pecs with just 200 000 inhabitants .We just have only one corporate tower which is only 8 floor high :). The money should be between $1200- $2500 but some offices could be used included this amount as well.

I hope it was interesting for you . Best,
    Janos

Afraid it’s just not that simple, all projects are different. The amount of time they need in the location, the day of the week and time of day, size & type of project, which effects the way they will impact the building and tenants… it all plays into the fees they can negotiate to fit a projects budget. Most of our buildings don’t have a set fee nor do we suggest they do because of everything I just mentioned. The other thing that comes in to play is the demand. If there a lot of requests to shoot one particular location the price can go up for it.

Know that’s not what you wanted to hear, but that’s the best answer I can give you.

Janis

Janis Burklund
    Dallas Film Commission
    City of Dallas, Office of Economic Development
    1500 Marilla – 2C North, Dallas, Texas 75201

I am sorry but I really don’t have a good answer for this one. I don’t recall a time when a corporate building was involved in a shoot in which I was assisting.

M. Todd Cassidy

Kentucky Tourism, Arts & Heritage Cabinet

Hi All
    I agree with all the comments to date. Prices vary depending on your impact and the owner. Increasingly large corporations here are hiring leasing agents who deal only with filming and know the market and what it will bear.
    The only consistent pricing comes in municipally owned buildings.
    Good Luck
    Carmen Ford
    City of Mississauga Film and Televsion

If shooting on Rooftops of Buildings of Sydney Australia, they charge from $5000 to $10000 per day. Foyer is access is generally granted on weekends and costs vary from $2500-$5000 or more depending on the management of the building. Street Closures in the CBD can take place on Saturdays and Sundays. Hope this helps.

Luke
    http://www.ecomlocations.com

Hi there,

Regarding France, we are afraid there’s no already-made answer.
    Corporate towers are “recent” buildings, which means any production needing to shoot them would have 2 different fees to negociate:
    – the shooting fee;
    – the architect’s copyright fee.

The first one depends on how much the owners of the tower are film friendly, and the price range is… vast!

The second one depends on how famous is the architect and also on the future circulation of the film (shown in France-only cheaper than a film shown all over the world; rights for 3 years chepaer than for ever…).

We am really sorry we can’t be more specific, but the price could really range from cheap to expensive.

Good luck for your – very useful – research.

Film France

In Omaha, multiple factors are evaluated to determine a location’s fee. Once we have the details regarding the project type, size and timeline, the involved parties are able to begin negotiations.

Omaha Film Office

David Gane

Hello Julie,

Here in the Greater Toronto Area, the lobby of an office tower would usually request a location fee of $8000 – $15,000 per shoot day, and half of that for prep/ wrap. Generally speaking, these locations would be available for shooting on weekends or after hours only.
    I hope this information is helpful, all the best.

Janice Reid Johnston
    Marketing Consultant
    Ontario Film Commission

Saly Waly

Dear Julie, speaking for Stuttgart Region, South-Western Germany, I am sorry, but there is no valid answer to your question. Corporate Towers are private property, so the companys can define the prices. My experience is, that the daily shooting fee is between 1000 – 2000 Euros. It of course may be cheaper, when we can convince the companys of marketing benefits, … we try our best ;-) Best regards from Stuttgart, Christian Dosch, http://www.film.region-stuttgart.de

Rebecca Chee

Hi, this is an office tower in Montevideo, Uruguay. We can provide full production services for medium-large crew. Check http://www.musitelli.com for camera and light supply and http://www.welcomemondo.com for reel.
    Lower budget shooting in Uruguay!
    Thanks!
    Martin Cuinat
    m.cuinat@mondocine.com
    Mondo Cine

Palm Beach County offers an all-inclusive invitation to film in a world-class destination that features a film-friendly community, year-round warm weather, diverse locations and free production space. Palm Beach County is located along the southeast coast of Florida, approximately 60 miles north of Miami and 150 miles southeast of Orlando and is easily accessed by the Palm Beach International Airport (PBIA).
    Palm Beach County offers a variety of incentives including free production space at G-Star Studios, a brand new 12,000 sq. ft. state-of-the-art motion picture soundstage. The facility is being boasted as the most technology advanced studio in the world. 48 ft. high with 35 ft. to the grid, the studio joins the existing 93,000 sq. ft. G-Star Movie complex. Dynamic Smoke Evacuation System and Quick- Release Drainage Floors are only some of the exciting perks filmmakers can enjoy at no cost!
    The State of Florida is also now offering $242 million dollars in transferable tax credits for the next five years. This new program includes up to 30% in transferable tax credits and one of the only incentives available for commercial projects. Our office offers free One-Stop permitting, a professional staff available 24 hours a day seven days a week, seven fully equipped studios and soundstages, a talented local crew base, and a variety of resources to get your production crewed-up and accommodated.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The topic ‘Corporate Tower Block Buildings’ is closed to new replies.
  • You must be logged in to create new topics.

The Location Guide - Forum rules

• Use of the forum is free. You must however agree to abide by the following rules:
  • All messages express the views of the author, and not of The Location Guide;
  • The Location Guide team will try to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, but cannot be held responsible for the content of any message;
  • In using this forum, you promise not to post any messages that are abusive, hateful, obscene, sexually-oriented, defamatory, threatening, discriminatory, or otherwise violative of any laws;
  • The Location Guide team reserves the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread or post for any reason;
  • We may also remove messages that are not related to the topic of discussion, or are otherwise inappropriate;
  • Messages that directly sell or market your company's products or services will be removed;
  • Spamming is forbidden. This includes chain letters and advertisements;
  • Spamming or repeated posting of objectionable messages will result in termination of your access to this forum and the whole of The Location Guide's website.

[s]