Pre-production forum

Welcome to our pre-production forum where productions come to life!
Thousands of producers, location and production professionals worldwide use our free pre-production forum service to post location briefs and production requests of all descriptions.
Please feel free to post up your location and production needs and receive answers and advice from our global filmmaking community.

Please abide by the forum rules

TLG Home Forums Pre-Production Forum Filming dramas in Kenya

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
  • Jo Reeve

Hi all,

Does any one know the production company/fixer used by the ITV drama ‘Wild at Heart’ when they filmed in Africa? Also does anyone know if it was Kenya they filmed in?

Many thanks

Anne-Marie

Michael Hamm

I often work as their line producer with the bigger one in Kenya: Bluesky Films.
    I’m not sure about “wild at heart” I know they did produce a TV drama some time ago. They have serviced many feature films and they are currently producing a TV drama.
    You can contact me at sassip@tin.it or mario@africaonline.co.ke (executive producer of Bluesky films). Feel free to call me for any enquiries.

Michael Hamm

maybe you mean the TV Drama Heart and Soul? sassip@tin.it

If you mean the Wild at Heart vet series produced by Bill Shephard, we did discuss shooting in Kenya but sadly on this occassion we lost to South Africa and Namibia. If you would like to find out more about specific loctaions I could pass your enquiry to Bill. Our company/contacts are Ginger Ink, email info@gingerink.tv. or http://www.gingerink.tv
    If there are particular types of locations in the series that appeal to you, let us know too – we may be able to provide those kinds of backdrops in Kenya, and at a price & proximity to the capital that often beats our friends in the South hands down! Best of luck with your project…Ginger Wilson, Nairobi, Kenya

Hi, Namibia is one of the locations used on many wildlife series and Namib Film is Namibia premier service company facilitating many different shoots from outside our borders. We have assisted the BBC on a number of productions and will assist you any way we can. Please have a look at our web site http://www.namibfilms.co.za for a sample of the locations available in Namibia as well as news on various productions we have assisted.

ISAO FURUYA

Anne-Marie, very late response indeed but better late than never. It was and still is being filmed in South Africa. If you need any further info pleas contact me. Greig Buckle gbuckle@enigmapictures.co.za or on my mobile +27825585176.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Filming dramas in Kenya’ is closed to new replies.
  • You must be logged in to create new topics.

The Location Guide - Forum rules

• Use of the forum is free. You must however agree to abide by the following rules:
  • All messages express the views of the author, and not of The Location Guide;
  • The Location Guide team will try to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, but cannot be held responsible for the content of any message;
  • In using this forum, you promise not to post any messages that are abusive, hateful, obscene, sexually-oriented, defamatory, threatening, discriminatory, or otherwise violative of any laws;
  • The Location Guide team reserves the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread or post for any reason;
  • We may also remove messages that are not related to the topic of discussion, or are otherwise inappropriate;
  • Messages that directly sell or market your company's products or services will be removed;
  • Spamming is forbidden. This includes chain letters and advertisements;
  • Spamming or repeated posting of objectionable messages will result in termination of your access to this forum and the whole of The Location Guide's website.

[s]