Pre-production forum

Welcome to our pre-production forum where productions come to life!
Thousands of producers, location and production professionals worldwide use our free pre-production forum service to post location briefs and production requests of all descriptions.
Please feel free to post up your location and production needs and receive answers and advice from our global filmmaking community.

Please abide by the forum rules

TLG Home Forums Pre-Production Forum Fixers Required – Zim, Chad, Djibouti, Eritrea, Burundi, CAR, Angola

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

I was wondering if anyone can help… I’m having problems finding Fixers / Production Service Companies in the above locations, for a doco being shot in the summer. If anyone can suggest a person/company I would be most grateful.

To recap:

Zimbabwe
    Chad
    Mozambique
    Djibouti
    Eritrea
    Burundi
    Central Africa Republic
    Angola

Any info would be welcomed!
    Many thanks,
    Jo

Vitus Jiriva

Dear Jo

Hi – Rick here

We are already meeting , but I see Zimbabwe is on the cards ??

Avoid if possible

Cheers

Rick

Sheen Singh

HI Jo

We are based in the Lowveld in South Africa but are able to extend to Mozambique and to Zimbabwe. Zimbabwe can be really difficult though specifically with the paranoia as regards media coverage in the country.
    Have worked repetitively with BBC Natural History Unit – if you would like references will be happy to supply

Take Care
    Debby
    Bushveld Connections

Yes, I can help for Mozambique, Zimbabwe and Angola.
    Ive been working in all these 3 countries and I know people in Angola and Zimbabwe. In Mozambique I’ve got a production company SLIVE, from SOICO Group, who managed the production in Mozambique for WB on BLOOD DIAMOND with Leonardo DiCaprio. So, if you want, please send me the question or details about what you want to do. Best regards, Joao Ribeiro
    Grupo SOICO, Tel: +258 21 315321, Fax: +258 21 315321,E-mail: joao.ribeiro@soico.co.mz

Vicky Bahri

Hello Joanna,
    I am so sorry , I have no contacts in those countries yet …but pray that somebody will pop up with an answer soon …wish you all the best

Teddy

Hi Jo, it is a very interesting combination of countries you are looking at. Some of which are not exactly the most film friendly. I have been facilitating projects in Africa for BBC, NHU, Discovery, ITV-Granada as well as ‘The Amazing Race’. I would be more than happy to discuss the logistical possibilites for your proposed countries. I can be reached at +27 83 272 2940 and on email at jeff@sbproductions.co.za
    Kind Regards,
    Jeff Rice
    SB Productions

Hi Jo,
    Just thinking about the countries you are looking at and wondering if your film has anything to do with some of their status as Tier 2 countries? If so, you will need to take care with who you deal with locally.
    Regards,
    Jeff

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Fixers Required – Zim, Chad, Djibouti, Eritrea, Burundi, CAR, Angola’ is closed to new replies.
  • You must be logged in to create new topics.

The Location Guide - Forum rules

• Use of the forum is free. You must however agree to abide by the following rules:
  • All messages express the views of the author, and not of The Location Guide;
  • The Location Guide team will try to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, but cannot be held responsible for the content of any message;
  • In using this forum, you promise not to post any messages that are abusive, hateful, obscene, sexually-oriented, defamatory, threatening, discriminatory, or otherwise violative of any laws;
  • The Location Guide team reserves the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread or post for any reason;
  • We may also remove messages that are not related to the topic of discussion, or are otherwise inappropriate;
  • Messages that directly sell or market your company's products or services will be removed;
  • Spamming is forbidden. This includes chain letters and advertisements;
  • Spamming or repeated posting of objectionable messages will result in termination of your access to this forum and the whole of The Location Guide's website.

[s]