Pre-production forum

Welcome to our pre-production forum where productions come to life!
Thousands of producers, location and production professionals worldwide use our free pre-production forum service to post location briefs and production requests of all descriptions.
Please feel free to post up your location and production needs and receive answers and advice from our global filmmaking community.

Please abide by the forum rules

TLG Home Forums Pre-Production Forum Kiribati – Christmas Island

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
  • Jo Reeve

Hi, has anyone filmed in Kiribati in Pacific Ocean. A BBC team would like to film on Christmas Island. They need to contact the Ministry of Foreign Affairs to gain permission to film but are having trouble getting through. Does anyone have any useful contacts? Thanks in advance.

I send a message to New Caledonia to know if there is anybody works with Kiribati. I let you know.
    Regards
    Christine
    http://www.tahitifilms.com

Jo Reeve

Thanks, let me know if you hear anything.

Debbie Hsu

Hello Anne-Marie, I have been contacted by Film NZ and have sent queries for you to the Tourism Office on Xmas Island.
    I have worked as a Fixer/Location Scout for the BBC and others in Asia and the pacific Islands including American Samoa,Nuie, Mono Islands etc..
    Recent:
    BBC “Margaret Mead Story” Director/Producer Peter Oxley (Factual Dept)
    Exilene Films(France) “Robert Louis Stevenson Tales”

A helpful website re Xmas Island is http://www.janeresture.com

I can be contacted on 0064 27 441-6927

Thanks

David Walker

Matt Long

This is an Australian Territory, so it would be best to contact the Dept. of Foreign Affairs in Canberra to get the necessary permits etc to shoot there. It is a pretty political situation as it’s a drop off point for illegal immigrants via Indonesia, so you would want to have a “friendly” script to get to go there. Good Luck. Geoff Morrow

Jo Reeve

Hi, its actually not that Christmas Island (i.e. the Australian territory one). Its the one that is part of the Republic of Kiribati. There are two Christmas Islands confusingly. Thanks so much for your responses.

Debbie Hsu

Hello Anne-Marie, I have a couple of contacts for you.

Secretary@mict.gov.ki or Coconut Motel on Chrsitmas Island ph 686-21487

Have researched the Island presume your filming is related to the Nuclear tests in the 50s?.

My Email address is petrock@ihug.co.nz if you require more info or a fixer.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Kiribati – Christmas Island’ is closed to new replies.
  • You must be logged in to create new topics.

The Location Guide - Forum rules

• Use of the forum is free. You must however agree to abide by the following rules:
  • All messages express the views of the author, and not of The Location Guide;
  • The Location Guide team will try to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, but cannot be held responsible for the content of any message;
  • In using this forum, you promise not to post any messages that are abusive, hateful, obscene, sexually-oriented, defamatory, threatening, discriminatory, or otherwise violative of any laws;
  • The Location Guide team reserves the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread or post for any reason;
  • We may also remove messages that are not related to the topic of discussion, or are otherwise inappropriate;
  • Messages that directly sell or market your company's products or services will be removed;
  • Spamming is forbidden. This includes chain letters and advertisements;
  • Spamming or repeated posting of objectionable messages will result in termination of your access to this forum and the whole of The Location Guide's website.

[s]