Pre-production forum

Welcome to our pre-production forum where productions come to life!
Thousands of producers, location and production professionals worldwide use our free pre-production forum service to post location briefs and production requests of all descriptions.
Please feel free to post up your location and production needs and receive answers and advice from our global filmmaking community.

Please abide by the forum rules

TLG Home Forums Pre-Production Forum Location with beautiful architectual shapes

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
  • Author
  • Trine Schou
    Participant

We are searching for a location with contemporary modern architecture, preferably bright colours.

Concrete and glass.

It could be a business district, university, school or other public buildings. The specific location we look for is a plaza, walkway or space between buildings that’s clear of cars, public transportation or other kinds of traffic.

It’s necessary for us to be able to close down the location during either the week or the weekend.

We need to have full traffic and crowd control (motion control 3 layers)

The surface of the location should not be cobblestone, patterns or any coloured material, but more a simple plain grey’ish surface.

Preferably no Trees

Also we need to see the sky somewhere in the picture….it could be either as a direct view from the ground between buildings or through a roof from inside.

Examples attached

You should consider DUBAI. I just shot a South African commercial there and the brief was very similar. Speak to VIP FILMS ( Rafic is Exec) rafic@vipfilms.com
    Your options are endless and found crew fantastic. VIP are very established and could give you options. Feel free to contact e if you want to come to SA ever.. colinc@nettek.co.za

Alternatively send me your email and I will get Rafic to contact you.

Txs and good luck.

Hi Trine,

I have one wonderful option for you here in Estonia. Please send me you’re contact detailes to margus@filmtower.ee and I will send you some reference pictures.

Thanx,
    Margus

You should consider LOS ANGELES – surprisingly affordable and the best crews around.

Or Mexico City!

Nicholas Simon
    Smacs Inc.
    310 948 3773

Trine Schou
    Participant

Thanks all, very interesting.

Nicholas/Mexico. Do you have an email and I can send you something it might be easier to talk about after.

I’m a bit afraid about the waether in Estonia this time a year.

Dubai – good idea!

Hi Trine,

We are based in Spain, Canary Islands….. We have in Tenerife Modern Building exactly in Your demand…
    i send you some locations.

If you need more info you can call us

Best regards
    Chris

PARAISO PRODUCTION
    Christophe DUPONT
    Residencia Santa Barbara
    C/ Colombia S/N Local 115
    35508 Costa Teguise / Lanzarote
    Islas Canarias España
    +34 928 591 982 / +34 650 216 324
    928591982@telefonica.net
    http://www.canarieparaisoprod.com

Hello Trine

In the Valencian Community in Spain there are many different locations whith modern architecture which fit your needs.

One option is “Ciudad de la Artes” in Valencia http://www.cac.es. It’s a complex with a Science Musueum an Opera House and an Aquarium desgined by Santiago Calatrava. The fist three pictures have benn shot there.

The fourth one is from Benidorm a Tourism center 1h south form Valencia by car with many skyscrapers, hotels and modern buildings. Yo also have Ciudad de la Luz film studios http://www.ciudaddelaluz.com only 40 min ago from Benidorm.

If you need more information you can contact us by mail filmcommission@ciudaddelaluz.com or phone us +34 965 90 80 90

Regards,

Juan Gomis

Sue Elliott

Hi ,
    Should you consider Nice in the South of France, where our company is based,there is next to our offices a small buisness center that could in our opinion fit your brief.
    Please find attached ref pictures of this location.
    Please do not hesitate to call me should you be interested.
    Antoine Sabarros
    Line producer Bay Vista
    Tel: + 33 493 710 140
    Mobile: + 33 611 541 359
    http://www.bayvistaprod.com
    /Users/antoine/Desktop/L1150433.pdf/Users/antoine/Desktop/L1150441.pdf/Users/antoine/Desktop/L1150447.pdf/Users/antoine/Desktop/L1150434.pdf

Trine Schou
    Participant

Dear all,

Thanks for very good inputs. Here’s my mail address if you could please send the pictures directly to me tsc@advance.dk

PS. The shoot is in January so weather can be an issue

Sue Elliott

Hi again ,
    I have the feeling the pictures i sent you earlier on did not go through.
    Please find them in this mail
    All the best,
    Antoine
    http://www.bayvistaprod.com

Rosi Acosta

The Styria, THE GREEN HEART OF AUSTRIA, in Middle Europe offers a wide range
    of architectural highlights…
    One Option is the famous Kunsthaus in Graz- from the “needle”, a viewing platform, you enjoy a beautiful view all over the old town.
    Other Possibilites:
    MP headquarter, a business building
    Technical University Graz

If you need more informations, please contact:
    datenbank@cinestyria.com

Ulrike Preiss
    Projektmanagement
    CINESTYRIA Filmcommission & Fonds
    St. Peter Hauptstraße 243
    8042 Graz, Austria
    Tel.: +43 316 4003 66

Trine Schou
    Participant

Antoine I didn’t get a mail?

Trine –

Never heard from you.
    Nicholas Simon
    nicholassimon@mac.com
    nicholas@indochinaproductions.com

thx

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
  • The topic ‘Location with beautiful architectual shapes’ is closed to new replies.
  • You must be logged in to create new topics.

The Location Guide - Forum rules

• Use of the forum is free. You must however agree to abide by the following rules:
  • All messages express the views of the author, and not of The Location Guide;
  • The Location Guide team will try to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, but cannot be held responsible for the content of any message;
  • In using this forum, you promise not to post any messages that are abusive, hateful, obscene, sexually-oriented, defamatory, threatening, discriminatory, or otherwise violative of any laws;
  • The Location Guide team reserves the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread or post for any reason;
  • We may also remove messages that are not related to the topic of discussion, or are otherwise inappropriate;
  • Messages that directly sell or market your company's products or services will be removed;
  • Spamming is forbidden. This includes chain letters and advertisements;
  • Spamming or repeated posting of objectionable messages will result in termination of your access to this forum and the whole of The Location Guide's website.

[s]