Pre-production forum

Welcome to our pre-production forum where productions come to life!
Thousands of producers, location and production professionals worldwide use our free pre-production forum service to post location briefs and production requests of all descriptions.
Please feel free to post up your location and production needs and receive answers and advice from our global filmmaking community.

Please abide by the forum rules

TLG Home Forums Pre-Production Forum Looking for tropical location

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
  • Astra Taylor

Im working for a production company by the name of Forsberg & Co here in Stockholm.

One of our largest clients wants to do a commercial were the opening shot should be of a tropical field/garden/jungle with non-scandinavian flowers. Something looking like Eden.

Some pictures can be found on
    http://www.familjenpeyron.se/2ndunit.jpg

The idea is that the mineral-water that we are trying to sell has the taste of tropical fruit.

If i did it here in Sweden, i would go out together with a Dop/opertor and shoot the plate myself, with a red-camera, and then send the material via ftp. I would maybe bring a driver. Thats it.

Is there someone out there that can help me with this?

I would need this to be done in late March.

Niclas Peyron

Forsberg & Co/Stiller studios
    Lidingö – Stockholm – Sweden
    Phone +46-8-55523500
    Mobile +46-8-55523556
    http://www.stillerstudios.se
    niclas@stillerstudios.se

Javier Suez

Hello,

I live in the Bahamas and I have 35 acres of a wild tropical field located on Abaco, Bahamas…

Its local and wild plants and we can add additional flower/plants to complete the look.

The property is on the waterfront
    and pictures are attached.

Kevin Strakan
    Inter-island Production
    Fifth Avenue Models
    P.O Box CB 11774
    Nassau,Bahamas
    242-327-3260
    917-472-1979 from the US

Hi:
    Responding from Puerto Rico. Don’t look any further. You can find what you need here in Puerto Rico. My name is Fernando Flores local UPM on the island. We have the only Tropical Rainforest in the Caribbean plus other interesting sites. You can go to this link to see pictures of available locations.
    http://www.puertoricofilm.com/en/htdocs/locations/index.php?cat1=8&cat2=50

This is a link that takes you directly to the Rainforest link:
    http://www.fs.fed.us/r8/caribbean/

Puerto Rico’s El Yunque National Forest has been nominated among 261 other elite national and international candidate nature locations to participate in the New 7 Wonders of Nature worldwide campaign!

There are also (2) RED ONE cameras on the Island with latest Cooke lenses.

I you wish to reach me:
    Fernando Flores
    fernandoflores@mac.com
    fernandofloresprod@gmail.com
    fflores@libertypr.net
    Home/Office: 787.286.4829
    Cellular: 787.370.1941

Dear Nicias,

From your storyboards I can see you need a tropical jungle with beach, I can certainly recommend Rincón beach, located in the north east part of the Dominican Republic and considered amongst the ten most beautiful beaches in the world. There’s also a RED camera available on the island, it would save you the travel risks and additional insurance costs. A couple of reference pics attached. Let me know if I can be of help. Saludos!, Leticia Tonos 809 697 2639

Hi Niclas,
    I think that Port Antonio in Jamaica is a perfect location for your spot.
    You can see more of Port Antonio online . It is a spectacular location that has been the background for many films including COCKTAIL and CLUB PARADISE
    These pics of Frenchman’s Cove are just a taste.
    Let me know if I can help. We also have a full RED camera kit here with a set of high speed lenses.
    I am a Production manager here on the island
    Natalie Thompson
    nataliethompson1@mac.com

Dear Niclas,

If you think Sri Lanka is a possible location destination for your project please drop me a line at crewforshoots@gmail.com or visit us at http://www.crewforshoot.com We have the locations you are looking for. I have attached a sample pics. So let me know, Best Regards,

Priyanga T. Kumarasiri

Hola Nicolas, hope this exuberant tropical forest location will help you and will help to sell a lot of your mineral water, this is Tabacon termals waters, next i will sent some others options.
    Saludos from sunny and baeutifull Costa Rica.

Victor.
    cel. 506-8857-3366
    victor@vbfps.com

Hola Nicolas, hope this exuberant tropical forest location will help you and will help to sell a lot of your mineral water, this is Tabacon termals waters, next i will sent some others options.
    Saludos from sunny and baeutifull Costa Rica.

Victor.
    cel. 506-8857-3366
    victor@vbfps.com

Hola Niclas, is Victor from C.R. with another refernces locations.
    i will sent next, another with beach loctions.

Victor.

Niclas, thos are some beaches from C.R.
    Hope to have the option to work together this project.

Saludos.

Victor Barriga
    Production Manager
    Servicios de Produccion Filmica VB, S.A.
    506-8857-3366
    victor@vbfps.com

Hi Niclas,

Belize should be on your list of potential locations.

I just sent you an email, but if for some reason you don’t get it, contact me at brent@oxaproductions.com or check my website at http://www.oxaproductions.com

Hi Niclas,

Murray from the Location Guide contacted me re this location.
    I am a Production Manager here in Jamaica and am suggesting two areas of Jamaica for this project.
    1. Port Antonio – Frenchman’s Cove Beach & Jungle Area
    2. Ocho Rios – Drax Hall Property – Columbus Cove and Jungle Area, and Laughing Waters

The first two pictures are of Frenchman’s Cove Jungle & Beach area in Port Antonio and the 3rd and 4th pictures are of Columbus Cove – Drax Hall and a jungle area on the same property.

Jamaica also has a red camera with a set of high speed lenses available along with grip and electric equipment as well as an excellent compliment of crew in all areas.

To view other photographs a link as been sent to your email address.

I hope we can be of assistance to you.

Maxine Walters
    Maxine Walters Productions
    P.O. Box 207
    St. Ann’s Bay
    St. Ann
    Jamaica W.I.
    maxinew@cwjamaica.com
    maxinefw@mac.com

Hello Niclas

This is Sebas from Oceanfilms in Brazil please to meet you.
    Follow please bellow some references from Brazil Jungle, In Mato Grosso I ll prepare more locations. Please do not hesitate in contacting us: oceanfilms@oceanfilms.com.br
    Best regards, Sebas

Hello, I am Paul from Seychelles. Perhaps we can help you with your shoot. We have lots of tropical locations and very rare and unique rain forest on our Island of Praslin.

Check this home page for pics. http://www.seychelles.pro

regards

Miriam Cooke

Dear Niclas, my name is Daniel Ortiz-Entrambasaguas at danidogfilms®. I think Cuba is the best example place of an eden garden shooting. Please, feel free to contact me for further details. info@danidogfilms.com

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • The topic ‘Looking for tropical location’ is closed to new replies.
  • You must be logged in to create new topics.

The Location Guide - Forum rules

• Use of the forum is free. You must however agree to abide by the following rules:
  • All messages express the views of the author, and not of The Location Guide;
  • The Location Guide team will try to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, but cannot be held responsible for the content of any message;
  • In using this forum, you promise not to post any messages that are abusive, hateful, obscene, sexually-oriented, defamatory, threatening, discriminatory, or otherwise violative of any laws;
  • The Location Guide team reserves the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread or post for any reason;
  • We may also remove messages that are not related to the topic of discussion, or are otherwise inappropriate;
  • Messages that directly sell or market your company's products or services will be removed;
  • Spamming is forbidden. This includes chain letters and advertisements;
  • Spamming or repeated posting of objectionable messages will result in termination of your access to this forum and the whole of The Location Guide's website.

[s]