Pre-production forum

Welcome to our pre-production forum where productions come to life!
Thousands of producers, location and production professionals worldwide use our free pre-production forum service to post location briefs and production requests of all descriptions.
Please feel free to post up your location and production needs and receive answers and advice from our global filmmaking community.

Please abide by the forum rules

TLG Home Forums Pre-Production Forum Mountaineering Camera Op in Switzerland

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
  • Jo Reeve

Hi all. I am looking for a camera operator with moutaineering, preferably in Switzerland, for a shoot up the Eiger Mountain in Switzerland. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Jonas Abbott

Hi Anne-Marie

I am a climbing/mountaineering cameraman, Based in the UK. I use most camera formats, incl. HD, HDV, film etc.

I am interested to know more about this film.

Cheers

Ian Burton
    http://www.ianburton.co.uk

Ian Burton

Hi
    I saw your request for a Mountaineering Camera Operator and thought I Would put myself forward. I have previously worked in Switzerland many years ago.
    My most recent experience has been belaying my son on a climbing wall. I have my own skis and am an accomplished skier.
    I live at 37 Furze Common Road, Thakeham, Pulborough, West Sussex, RH20 3EG TEL: 01798 812919 Mobile: 07850 314379 I would relish the challenge of this job and look forward to hearing from you.
    Regards
    Paul Cave

peter meakin

I am a cameraman who has had experience of climbing in the Swiss Alps the in the Andes. I would be very interested to here more abou the project, most importantly the routes you intend to take as I certainly do not have the experience or skill to tackle the north face.

Jonas Abbott

peter meakin

I am a cameraman who has had experience of climbing in the Swiss Alps the in the Andes. I would be very interested to here more abou the project, most importantly the routes you intend to take as I certainly do not have the experience or skill to tackle the north face. If you would like to get in contact that would be great and we can discuss the requirments. Jonas.Abbott@ntlworld.com.

Jonas Abbott

Phil Gurney

Hello,
    Im a cameraman with some mountaineering experience. though not in the alps only the Himalayas. I am used to all camera formats.
    Peter Meakin
    peter@meakinmedia.com

Ted Donnelly

Hey – I am a cameraman who has worked and mountaineered in various conditions, most recently in Bolivia – I am not a technical climber, I have however ice climbed & mountaineered in the day/night in summer and winter. I am also used to Alpine conditions having travelled to Switzerland/Austria/France/Italy/Czech/Slovakia for mountaineering & snow boarding. Gordon Buchanan – 07968910783.

Nick Fenwick

Dave Pearce of http://www.peakaspirations.co.uk is an Everest Summiteer, has extensive climbing experience in the Swiss Alps as well as around the world. He has already climbed the Eiger and has some experience of using a camera up the mountains. You may be looking for a safety guide on this project so please do check out his website above or indeed the http://www.expeditionmedia.co.uk website also.

Chris Lang

Hi Anne-Marie

I am a Cameraman with experience working with (Beta SP/Digi Beta/Aaton Super16), having good all round experience and qualifications relating to mountain activities and related environments

Other activities also include work as a freelance Mountain Activities Instructor in the UK and during winter months Teach Skiing in the Mt Blanc area of Northern Italy

I Comfortable managing my own safety on steep ground together with operation of camera equipment or managing the safety of others, whether UK or Alpine

Though no recent TV work completed, previous work includes: camerawork for BBC Ski Sunday, Documentary programmes for CH4 TV and commercial work

Do contact me if you would like more information or an informal chat regarding your project

Thanks
    Nick

Nick Fenwick
    0191 293 0789
    (M) 07990 970 178
    nickfenwick@yahoo.co.uk

Lauren Cohen

I am currently on my way to Nepal for a shoot in the Himalayers for the BBC so its is quite lucky I received your email now, as I will not be contactable for the next couple of weeks. I am definitely interested in your job and it sounds like something that is right up my street. I will be in Nepal until the 3rd of May, but I will give you a call as soon as I return if you still require a Camera operator. If you would like to see any samples of my work, credits and rates you can
    visit my website at http://www.slydemedia.plus.com
    I look forward to speaking to you upon my return.
    Regards, Stuart

contact http://www.expeditionmedia.co.uk – they specialize in adventure/extreme filming and have a database of relevant crew members. I’m a member on there myself and would love to take this opportunity but as yet have not filmed mountaineering although I’d love to. I’m also fully booked until mid June so I’m not sure if your shoot is before then anyway. Check out the site though, good luck with your project.

Very best wishes

Lee.

Lee York – Cameraman.
    cameraman@leeyork.co.uk

Dear Anne Marie

Snow Films is based in Verbier, Switzerland, with plenty of experience in mountain shoots. If you still need a cameraman or production support, drop us a line to info@snowfilms.com, http://www.snowfilms.com

Regards,
    Kim Belcham

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The topic ‘Mountaineering Camera Op in Switzerland’ is closed to new replies.
  • You must be logged in to create new topics.

The Location Guide - Forum rules

• Use of the forum is free. You must however agree to abide by the following rules:
  • All messages express the views of the author, and not of The Location Guide;
  • The Location Guide team will try to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, but cannot be held responsible for the content of any message;
  • In using this forum, you promise not to post any messages that are abusive, hateful, obscene, sexually-oriented, defamatory, threatening, discriminatory, or otherwise violative of any laws;
  • The Location Guide team reserves the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread or post for any reason;
  • We may also remove messages that are not related to the topic of discussion, or are otherwise inappropriate;
  • Messages that directly sell or market your company's products or services will be removed;
  • Spamming is forbidden. This includes chain letters and advertisements;
  • Spamming or repeated posting of objectionable messages will result in termination of your access to this forum and the whole of The Location Guide's website.

[s]