Pre-production forum

Welcome to our pre-production forum where productions come to life!
Thousands of producers, location and production professionals worldwide use our free pre-production forum service to post location briefs and production requests of all descriptions.
Please feel free to post up your location and production needs and receive answers and advice from our global filmmaking community.

Please abide by the forum rules

TLG Home Forums Pre-Production Forum Pseudo Havana

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 35 total)
  • Author
  • I”m looking for old Cuba for quite a big shot. We can”t go to Cuba itself for various reasons, that”s why we are looking for somewhere where we could “cheat”. Which Caribbean country would be the best? Dominican Republic?. Could someone share some experiences with us. Thank you.

Ernest Wong

Hello Agnieszka,

I´m not sure what exactly you are looking for – locations, props… but there are several places in Spain that have the colonial architecture similar to Cuba. I have attached a picture to give you an idea. There is one city in the south of Spain that is a match for Havana. If Spain works for you, please contact me and I´d be happy to send you pictures based on your brief.

All the best,
    Cat Isakson
    Producer – a productions
    cat@aproductions.info
    +34 639 14 27 24

I would suggest Dominican Republic – or even Puerto Rico.

If you want more info please feel free to contact us.

Louise Sandiford

Caribbean Crews – 1 268 464 0889
    louise@caribbeancrews.com

Hi Agnieszka,
    I´m responding from Dominican Republic which is
    the most Cuba´s look like island, we are the second
    largest one in Caribbean and have very similar architecture matches.
    Productions that supposed to be in Cuba but were here:
    Havana in early 90´s
    Bacardi Ad for London in 1999,By Tony Kaye
    Bacardi Ad for Germany, by Zack Snyder, 2002
    Dreaming of Julia 2003,Harvey Keitel
    Miami Vice 2005, Michael Mann
    Good Shepherd 2005, Robert De Niro
    among others

If I had a brief I could give an idea were in DR are your locations.

Thanks for think in us,

Jose Gonzalez

Hola! Dear filmmaker looking to double Cuba:

I am a Puerto Rico Production Manager and in fact, our island have doubled for Cuba many many times. If you want an assessment on how to film here you can contact me by email or phone:
    rosigaby@caribe.net
    787-632-8720

Puerto Rico also provides a great tax credit incentive as well as additional advantages over the Dominican Republic and other Latin American cities. Take the example of Fast and the Furious 5, they are beginning shooting in Puerto Rico next week for 6 weeks recreating Brasil as well as other cities in US.

Looking forward to your response,
    Rosi Acosta

Hello Agnieszka!! Its been quite a few years since we’ve heard from you at Easy Hell!! Hope things are well in Poland!! YES!!! As you can see by the other responses the Dominican Republic is a PERFECT double for Cuba. Especially San Pedro de Macoris. We have doubled Cuba many times here in San Pedro including in Miami Vice, The Good Shepherd, varios Music Videos, Jay Holliday’s “Round 2” Album Packaging and in too many magazines and european catalgoues to name. We would love to finally see you here!

Gabriela Barraza
    Participant

Mexico City and it’s surroundings would be a great option.
    Please feel free to contact me and I can post pictures based on what your location needs are.
    We have incredible crew and support people.
    Looking forward to hearing from you.
    Susie Neill
    Tonic Films

HI AGNIESZKA,
    PLEASE HAVE A LOOK AT OUR WEBSIDE :WWW.SUR-FILM.COM. WE ARE BASED IN CUBA, SOUTH- MIDDLEAMERICA AN SOUTHEUROPE, WE FOR SURE CAN FIND WHAT YOU ARE LOOKING FOR , PLEASE SEND US YOUR BOARD OR SCRIPT AND WE ARE LOOKING INTO THIS RIGTH AWAY.

Ben Lohmer
    Producer
    Sur-Film Production & Services S.L.
    NIF:B-38997797
    Plaça Església 4
    07350 Binissalem (Mallorca), Spain

+34 971 886 295
    +34 600 557 458

Tell me what do you think.
    it is Cuba, isn’t it?

Hey Agnieszka.
    My name is Warren Keuning, I am the Owner / Producer of Tribu Int. in Colombia (www.tribu.com.co – I invite you to check out our reel). Please download the two pdf presentations on this link ( http://studio.adbeast.com/direct_room_access.asp?roomcid=EFMeGFM ) to see if you agree that Cartagena de Indias a very good match to Cuba, but with the added advantage that we have state of the art equipment and experienced and professional crew here in Colombia. Looking forward to hearing from you to provide you with more information on the area and our company. Kind regards. Warren

Sorry it got more compressed that I thought.

Jose Gonzalez
    vistacam2@me.com
    809.224-5126
    Dominican Republic

hi – if you are still looking please give me a call on 0034 629686864 – I have the perfect place for you

Paul Ashby

Please send me your contact information to send you our information. Puerto Rico has been filmed many times by production companies. This year you can catch our Cuba locations in USA networks tv series “Royal Pains”.

Attached are some Photos for you to check out.

Saludos…….

Marvin Crespo Alvarado
    Project Coordinator
    355 F.D.Roosevelt Ave.
    Suite 106
    Hato Rey, PR 00918
    T.(787) 758-4747 x.2254
    F.(787) 756-5706
    C. (787) 316-1070
    http://www.puertoricofilm.com

Kay Wood

Hello Agnieszka,
    Have you thought about shooting in Uruguay.
    We can resemble Cuba perfectly. What would you exactly need, architecture, beaches, streets, markets???
    Let me know so i can send you the location pictures.

All the best,

Diego Praderi
    diego@koifilms.tv

http://www.koifilms.tv

KOI FILMS – URUGUAY

Hola Agnieszka,

Santo Domingo (Dominican Republic), is ideal for that, different films with stories taking place in Havana have been shot here: Lost City, Crisis in Havana, etc. I have a few pictures of the colonial city in my website, feel free to look under “dream locations-colonial” at http://www.lineaespiral.com

Best regards,
    Leticia Tonos

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 35 total)
  • The topic ‘Pseudo Havana’ is closed to new replies.
  • You must be logged in to create new topics.

The Location Guide - Forum rules

• Use of the forum is free. You must however agree to abide by the following rules:
  • All messages express the views of the author, and not of The Location Guide;
  • The Location Guide team will try to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, but cannot be held responsible for the content of any message;
  • In using this forum, you promise not to post any messages that are abusive, hateful, obscene, sexually-oriented, defamatory, threatening, discriminatory, or otherwise violative of any laws;
  • The Location Guide team reserves the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread or post for any reason;
  • We may also remove messages that are not related to the topic of discussion, or are otherwise inappropriate;
  • Messages that directly sell or market your company's products or services will be removed;
  • Spamming is forbidden. This includes chain letters and advertisements;
  • Spamming or repeated posting of objectionable messages will result in termination of your access to this forum and the whole of The Location Guide's website.

[s]