Pre-production forum

Welcome to our pre-production forum where productions come to life!
Thousands of producers, location and production professionals worldwide use our free pre-production forum service to post location briefs and production requests of all descriptions.
Please feel free to post up your location and production needs and receive answers and advice from our global filmmaking community.

Please abide by the forum rules

TLG Home Forums Pre-Production Forum Rye Wheat or barley fields wanted in April

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
  • Tony Liang

We need blooming gold field of rye or wheat or barley or similar. It might be gold, but it could be even green, but high already and with ears, If you know where to find them in april please let me know.
    Thanks in advance Franck Hakkert The Location Bank

We have exactly what you need in Mexico. I have photos of green wheat fields photographed just last week and these fields will be golden brown and ready to harvest in mid April. We have direct contact with the landowner and he’s very accessible. Send me your email and we can help you with your production.

Saludos! ram

Ramsey Figueroa
    Executive Producer
    http://www.switchfilms.com
    ramsey@switchfilms.com

I meant to say “golden yellow”, instead of brown, my mistake, :)

Sharon L

hi, Israel has great wheat fields, i can send photos.
    let me know what you need,

Best,
    meirav
    Ooops Films Ltd
    Gsm+972 545477859

Hi Franck,

We from Nu Boyana in Bulgaria know the perfect location. Please contact me on joost.scholte@nuboyana.com for more information.

Chicão Fill
    Participant

Hi Frank,
    I have a Mexico city based service company. I’m sure we can find the fields that you are looking for. Please send me an email and I’ll send you some locations. juan@thehand.tv
    Gracias!
    Juan

peter verver

Cordoba, Spain.
    Alejandro@macondofilms.com

If you are interested to shoot in China, there are several regions you can consider.

In the southern province of China, the harvest time of barley/wheat is around now (within the next 2 weeks or so). Right now most of the field are golden waiting to be harvest. The largest wheat production area that is close to Shanghai are Jiangsu province and Henan province.

If you have to shoot later, than we can travel further to the Northern part of China or Inner Mongolia to search for barley fields (their harvest time is around July).

Hi Frank
    A general background on wheat. This is a winter crop. It is planted in winter and harvested in summer. In South Africa we have various areas that harvest at different times of the year.I don’t think you will find golden wheatfields anywere in the world that lasts until April. Our harvest periods falls between September & latest November. This crop is also weather dependent. Attached a example of a field in South Africa. If you want to shift your shoot period from April to the end of this year I am sure you will find what you require in South Africa. You can mail me on frans@moonlighting.co.za for more info
    Regards
    Frans Marais
    Research Manager

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Rye Wheat or barley fields wanted in April’ is closed to new replies.
  • You must be logged in to create new topics.

The Location Guide - Forum rules

• Use of the forum is free. You must however agree to abide by the following rules:
  • All messages express the views of the author, and not of The Location Guide;
  • The Location Guide team will try to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, but cannot be held responsible for the content of any message;
  • In using this forum, you promise not to post any messages that are abusive, hateful, obscene, sexually-oriented, defamatory, threatening, discriminatory, or otherwise violative of any laws;
  • The Location Guide team reserves the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread or post for any reason;
  • We may also remove messages that are not related to the topic of discussion, or are otherwise inappropriate;
  • Messages that directly sell or market your company's products or services will be removed;
  • Spamming is forbidden. This includes chain letters and advertisements;
  • Spamming or repeated posting of objectionable messages will result in termination of your access to this forum and the whole of The Location Guide's website.

[s]