Pre-production forum

Welcome to our pre-production forum where productions come to life!
Thousands of producers, location and production professionals worldwide use our free pre-production forum service to post location briefs and production requests of all descriptions.
Please feel free to post up your location and production needs and receive answers and advice from our global filmmaking community.

Please abide by the forum rules

TLG Home Forums Pre-Production Forum small airport and customs

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
  • Author
  • we are looking for a small airstrip airport, preferable nice film look and sunny. (august)
    airplane in background.

and also customs or passport control ( this is most of the film)

should be affordable and cost efficient

mireille@pinkrabbit.nl

Hi

Would you consider Sweden? Sturup, outside Malmo (20 kms) is quite small airport. I can make enquiries / take pics ? of other smaller Swedish airports in the South of Sweden or ? Free to travel anywhere.

Perhaps, this magical, unspoilt island might be interesting for a shoot in the future!

http://www.fitzwinslow1.shutterfly.com

In Sweden until the hurricane season ends (June-Oct)

Keep well

Piers

John Duffy

Which country? In the UK there are plenty from Art Deco to contemporary.

Will Banks

You don’t specify location but this one is in the South of England who may be able to help.
    I’m not affiliated to them I just thing it’s a fabulous building.
    Shoreham Airport

http://www.shorehamairport.co.uk/

Chris

Hi Mireille,

I hope you are well?

South Africa has many option due the fact that Southern Africa is very large. We have options with an American “Mid west” or British “Colonial” feel, even Airports that could be in Central Africa or Asia/ India.

My team will pull options and we will mail them through to you now.

Chat soon

Kind Regards,

David Brenton-Wakelin
    Executive Producer
    Diamond Dog Films
    Southern, Eastern & Western Africa
    Telephone: +2721 945 3254
    Facsimile: +2786 616 1959
    Cellular: +2773 573 8922
    Email: david@diamonddogfilms.co.za
    Showreels: http://www.diamonddogfilms.webs.com
    Skype ID: diamonddogfilms

Laura Grey

Bonjour Mireille, 30 minutes from Montreal, Quebec there is such an airport and more a few KM out of Montreal, about 1 hr to 2 hr .
    m.d’eze, v.p. montreal locations scouts.com
    deze@sympatico.ca

Evan Herrick
    Participant

Hi Mireille,

There are many small airports in Spain that could work. Almeria, Jerez and Reus are the ones that I’ve mostly dealt with, all were very film friendly and not horribly expensive.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Lyndsay

+34 629 533 155
    lyndsay@themotel.tv

GREETINGS,

AS PER YOUR REQUEST IN THE LOCATION GUIDE: PLEASE FIND SEVERAL PHOTOS OF AIRPORTS AROUND THE BAHAMAS ISLANDS.

EXUMA IS BY FAR THE MOST PICTURESQUE ISLAND WITH IT’S TURQUOISE WATERS AND WHITE SANDY BEACHES. TREASURE CAY IS SMALL BUT UPSCALE. ALL OF THE AIRPORTS IN THE PHOTOS ARE SMALL FAMILY ISLAND AIRPORTS AND AIRCRAFTS CAN PARK ALONGSIDE THE CUSTOMS BUILDING WHICH IN IS THE MAIN TERMINAL BUILDING

THERE ARE ADDITIONAL ISLANDS TO CHOOSE FROM AS WELL. I SHOULD NOTE THAT MOST OF THE ISLANDS WILL HAVE TO BE REACHED VIA CONNECTING FLIGHTS FRON NASSAU OR FREEPORT. BRITISH AIRWAYS HAS A DIRECT FLIGHT TO NASSAU AND FREEPORT HAS A DIRECT FLIGHT FROM ITALY.

NASSAU, EXUMA AND FREEPORT HAVE INTERNATIONAL FLIGHTS DAILY FROM MIAMI, FLORIDA, USA.

WE WOULD BE PLEASED TO WELCOME YOU TO OUR FAMILY OF ISLANDS AND WOULD BE HAPPY TO ASSIST YOUR PRODUCTION IN ANYWAY THAT WE ARE ABLE,

SINCERELY,

Cornelius McKinney
    Galaxy Productions
    4 Ketch Close
    Freeport, Bahamas
    Tel: (242) 373-7456
    Cell:(242) 442-4024

Dear Mireille,
    If you are willing to consider Uruguay, 14 hours from Amsterdam via Madrid, I can guarantee you FULL_ACCESS to this small and modern airport in Punta del Este.
    If so, I can send you more refs, information and location’s costs-estimate immediately.
    Please, let me know.
    Best regards from Montevideo,
    Daniel Alvarez.
    daniel@thebrowniefilmco.com

Dear Mireillle,

As per your request in the LOCATION GUIDE, we are please to let you know FRENCH POLYNESIA in the PACIFIC ISLANDS will be happy to welcome you.
    We have more than 40 airports located on small islands encircled by white sand beaches and many perfect turquoise lagoons Our destination is unique.
    The closer airport from Tahiti as your request is BORA BORA.
    Do not hesitate to contact me if you think this destination can feet in your budget.

Marie Eve TEFAATAU
    http://www.pacificproduction @mail.pf
    http://www.pacificprod.com
    Tél : (689) 770078

Dear Mireille
    We are pleased to introduce you to the Caribbean island of Dominica. This small but picturesque airport is situated along the west coast of the island, close to the city of Roseau. There is very little traffic at this airport which makes filming there convenient and easy.

We look forward to welcoming you to the Nature Island of the Caribbean.

Kind regards

Anita Bully
    Film Commissioner
    filmdominica@dominica.dm
    767 276 7584

Dear Mirelle,
    we are writing you from Malta.
    I send you some pictures of our Malta International Airport, and some other pictures that could be useful as a custom area for a small and isolated airport.
    Let us know if you’re interested,
    Best Regards,

Maria Ida Bernabei
    Malta Film Commission

Hola Mireille,
    i will sent you 2 airport from Costa Rica, both are really small, hope that is what you are looking for. i do remember had been in contact with Pink Rabbit before but i don’t remember with who, anyway good to ear from you again. This is Limon Airport at the Costa Rica Caribbean coast.

Hola Mireille,
    i will sent you 2 airport from Costa Rica, both are really small, hope that is what you are looking for. i do remember had been in contact with Pink Rabbit before but i don’t remember with who, anyway good to ear from you again. This is Limon Airport at the Costa Rica Caribbean coast.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
  • The topic ‘small airport and customs’ is closed to new replies.
  • You must be logged in to create new topics.

The Location Guide - Forum rules

• Use of the forum is free. You must however agree to abide by the following rules:
  • All messages express the views of the author, and not of The Location Guide;
  • The Location Guide team will try to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, but cannot be held responsible for the content of any message;
  • In using this forum, you promise not to post any messages that are abusive, hateful, obscene, sexually-oriented, defamatory, threatening, discriminatory, or otherwise violative of any laws;
  • The Location Guide team reserves the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread or post for any reason;
  • We may also remove messages that are not related to the topic of discussion, or are otherwise inappropriate;
  • Messages that directly sell or market your company's products or services will be removed;
  • Spamming is forbidden. This includes chain letters and advertisements;
  • Spamming or repeated posting of objectionable messages will result in termination of your access to this forum and the whole of The Location Guide's website.

[s]