Pre-production forum

Welcome to our pre-production forum where productions come to life!
Thousands of producers, location and production professionals worldwide use our free pre-production forum service to post location briefs and production requests of all descriptions.
Please feel free to post up your location and production needs and receive answers and advice from our global filmmaking community.

Please abide by the forum rules

TLG Home Forums Pre-Production Forum sparkling room like gb pavillon on expo 2010 shanghai

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
  • we were inspired by the british pavilion on the expo 2010 in shanghai which was designed by thomas heatherwick. unfortunately the room is not existing anymore…

we are looking for something similar or maybe even something comparable built from mr heatherwick in your country: a sparkling, glittering room where we could shoot tv commerical showing a party scene with approx. 50 people.

we are aware that the room for the expo was unique so that it might be difficult to find something similar. it is important that the room has a modern contemporary feel and is not the classic baroque ball room in castles form the last century. but we are very open for any suggestion that go in this direction

thank you very much

Looking at your brief i would suggest Dubai or Abu, even Qatar. I saw the magnificent pavilion and believe with correct laser and lighting a lot can be recreated.
    In South Africa we have ample big ball rooms, convention halls that could easily be dressed.
    If you send me your mail I will send on to my Dubai affiliate at VIP Films and ask them for some references in UAE.
    I’m on colinc@nettek.co.za

Also consider a bit of cgi. My CT post house could do something here. Check out Black Ginger Post.

Best
    Colin

Hi

What I saw was a modern day design
    I am attaching herewith something very old at a Palace in Jaipur ( Rajasthan -India )
    If it appeals to you we shall be most delighted to help & assist yoi n the shoot
    Please do let us have your feedback on the same

Regards
    Kishore Sinh Parmar
    Royal Locations
    India
    http://www.indiashootlocations.com
    http://www.rajasthanincredibleindia.com
    +919898279640
    royallocations@gmail.com

Hi,

I wonder if this room would fit the brief for you. It’s a very large space. You would easily fit in 50 people plus crew and equipment. This location is in Spain.

regards

Bill Hayes
    bill@billhayes.co.uk

Hi

What I saw was a modern day design
    I am attaching herewith something very old at a Palace in Jaipur ( Rajasthan -India )
    If it appeals to you we shall be most delighted to help & assist you in the shoot
    Please do let us have your feedback on the same

Regards
    Kishore Sinh Parmar
    Royal Locations
    India
    http://www.indiashootlocations.com
    http://www.rajasthanincredibleindia.com
    +919898279640
    royallocations@gmail.com

Hi

What about that option? Located in the Estonia.
    Pic inside and outside attached,

Best,
    Margus
    margus@filmtower.ee

You might like this room too. It’s large, but you don’t have to use all of it. This is in London.

Hannes Deter

In Abu Dhabi, we have fantastic locations that would fit your description check the photos uploaded and for more please contact me on: communication@film.gov.ae or marcelle@film.gov.ae

John Whyte

Hello,
    Further to Marcelle from ADFC response here are a few more images of the same location.
    The rooftop pool and bar is partially covered and at night the roof is beautifully lit, there is ample room for 50 people.
    Regards, johnny@bareface.com
    http://www.bareface.com

Rosi Acosta

These rooms are part of the famous artifical center (Kunsthaus) in Graz, Austria,
    a gigantic and futuristic building.

Adam Thal

Hello Sebastian,

see attached a location in Italy. Let me know if it could work for your project.

good luck.

Massimo . +39 335 545 1264 . info@map-plus.it

Sebastian, Did VIP Films reach you? I gave them details to contact you.. Hope so. You will find what you need in UAE im sure and they are tops

Hi Sebastion. My last posting seems to have appeared as anonymous by mistake.

You might like this room which is situated in London.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The topic ‘sparkling room like gb pavillon on expo 2010 shanghai’ is closed to new replies.
  • You must be logged in to create new topics.

The Location Guide - Forum rules

• Use of the forum is free. You must however agree to abide by the following rules:
  • All messages express the views of the author, and not of The Location Guide;
  • The Location Guide team will try to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, but cannot be held responsible for the content of any message;
  • In using this forum, you promise not to post any messages that are abusive, hateful, obscene, sexually-oriented, defamatory, threatening, discriminatory, or otherwise violative of any laws;
  • The Location Guide team reserves the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread or post for any reason;
  • We may also remove messages that are not related to the topic of discussion, or are otherwise inappropriate;
  • Messages that directly sell or market your company's products or services will be removed;
  • Spamming is forbidden. This includes chain letters and advertisements;
  • Spamming or repeated posting of objectionable messages will result in termination of your access to this forum and the whole of The Location Guide's website.

[s]