Pre-production forum

Welcome to our pre-production forum where productions come to life!
Thousands of producers, location and production professionals worldwide use our free pre-production forum service to post location briefs and production requests of all descriptions.
Please feel free to post up your location and production needs and receive answers and advice from our global filmmaking community.

Please abide by the forum rules

TLG Home Forums Pre-Production Forum Stretch of railroad needed

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
  • Bo Svensson

Hi,

we are looking for a place to shoot an action sequence that involves a working steam locomotive.

Basically we need a stretch of railroad that can support an 1880s era steam locomotive, ideally with a flat or “prairie” landscape for a background, and with a trestle bridge over a body of water.

We are focusing primarily on US locations.

Please could you reply to this post if you happen to have this kind of locations.

Thanks

Matt Sherman
    martykatzproductions@earthlink.net

Bea Wölfling
    Participant

Hi Matt,

I have enquired about this with our west coast scout, will get back to you once I hear from them

Pavla
    http://www.brightpictures.com

Outside of Philadelphia there is one in Lancaster, the Amish area.

Mount Dora and Sanford Florida the main Locations for “ROSEWOOD” (Warner Bros. 1997) Standard Gage Railroad, flatland, small hills and forest with water crossings. Some areas can double for Old West town. Lake and Seminole County Florida (No Fees for Lake County) small fee within Sanford Florida. Major airport a few miles from Locations. info@railflorida.com
    (352)589-4300 in Eustis, Florida.
    “Very Film savvy and friendly”

*Information supplied by John Vizzusi, Filmmaker – Central State Productions – (407) 310-2774 (Location Services Available in Central Florida) Low Flat Rates – Digital Stills – Video – Permits etc.

Greg Hughey
    Participant

Hi Matt,

I am a Cuban producer who does production and production services in that country. In Cuba you can find that steam train that you are looking for as well as the bridge. Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon,

Best regards,

Iohamil

Mike Hewett

Northwest Colorado is the least populated area of our beautiful state and has all the elements you describe. There are several railroad lines throughout the region that have little traffic and private spurs that are mainly controlled by the coal mining industry of the region. Please feel free to contact me with questions or concerns. Thank you for your consideration.
    Greg Hughey
    High Drama Locations, Ltd.
    970-879-6143

Hi Matt,
    its Frank from ISLAND FILM in Cuba . we have Steamtrains and some really beautifull stretches of Railroad down here if needed. please feel free to contact me at any time if you think that Cuba could be an option for your Project. frank@island.co.cu .
    http://www.islandfilmcuba.com

best regards

Frank

Hi there!

We indeed should have that in Argentina. We also have an office there so please get in touch with me and would be happy to help out best Jonbi Gudmundsson Executive Producer Milk and Honey Films
    jonbi@milkandhoneyfilms.com

Argentina should have it so please get in touch with us thanks Jonbi Gudmundsson, Executive Producer Milk and Honey Films, http://www.milkandhoneyfilms.com jonbi@milkandhoneyfilms.com

Hi Matt,
    North Carolina MAY have most of what you are looking for.
    If we can be of service, please let us know…
    Thanks and good luck!
    Mike Hewett
    LOCATIONS…+, Inc.
    Wilmington, NC
    locationsplus@mac.com

Linda Mutawi

Hi Matt,
    I sent an e-mail to you directly but I thought I would respoind here also. I know of a few “narrow gauge” 1800’s era trains still operating in Colorado. The closest to Denver is the George Town Loop.The Durango to Silverton Line in Southern Colorado. The Cumbres and Toltec also in Southern Colorado.All are steam driven lines with era correct engines and cars.
    I am certain they all have web-sites. I am available at this time to assist you in scouting if need be.
    Also I read the responce from Greg Hughey and his suggestions are of modern lines that are not narrow gauge and will not accomodate period correct steam locomotives.

Thank you for the inquiry.
    Jeff Petersen
    mlazypfilm.com
    mlazypfilm@aol.com
    (970)-879-0033o
    (303)-638-3688c

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The topic ‘Stretch of railroad needed’ is closed to new replies.
  • You must be logged in to create new topics.

The Location Guide - Forum rules

• Use of the forum is free. You must however agree to abide by the following rules:
  • All messages express the views of the author, and not of The Location Guide;
  • The Location Guide team will try to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, but cannot be held responsible for the content of any message;
  • In using this forum, you promise not to post any messages that are abusive, hateful, obscene, sexually-oriented, defamatory, threatening, discriminatory, or otherwise violative of any laws;
  • The Location Guide team reserves the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread or post for any reason;
  • We may also remove messages that are not related to the topic of discussion, or are otherwise inappropriate;
  • Messages that directly sell or market your company's products or services will be removed;
  • Spamming is forbidden. This includes chain letters and advertisements;
  • Spamming or repeated posting of objectionable messages will result in termination of your access to this forum and the whole of The Location Guide's website.

[s]