Pre-production forum

Welcome to our pre-production forum where productions come to life!
Thousands of producers, location and production professionals worldwide use our free pre-production forum service to post location briefs and production requests of all descriptions.
Please feel free to post up your location and production needs and receive answers and advice from our global filmmaking community.

Please abide by the forum rules

Forums Pre-Production Forum Winter weather and forest in August-September

This topic contains 8 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  123 2 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
  • Kryuchkova
    Participant

Hi everyone!
    I’m looking for a place where we can shoot snowy winter, people skiing, playing snowballs, snowy forest etc. during August-September. What country can it be?

Joachim Lyng
    Participant

Hi Kryuchkova
    Please get in touch with us on contact@filminnorway.com
    We have snowy locations in August that are production friendly.
    Best
    Film in Norway team
    http://www.filminnorway.com

Daniel Alvarez
    Participant

Hi, if you’re willing to consider a distance base shooting, Chile is definitely the place. If you need more details or want to share a production briefing with me, please send me an Email to dalvarez@saywhisky.co

Cameron Wood
    Participant

Hi Kryuchkova

I would recommend considering NEW ZEALAND for your snow location. We have had a great start to the snow season with many resorts and mountains easily accessible by road and only a short drive from the resort town and international airport of QUEENSTOWN.

Our ski fields are film friendly and New Zealand has COVID-19 completely under control.

You many be able to enter New Zealand by August/September, but if not, we are at full speed with our remote filming capabilities recently shooting a commercial in remote areas and live streaming to LA & the UK.

We have great talent agencies and talent, world class equipment and crew who regularly work in alpine and snow environments.

Here are a few of projects shot around Queenstown in previous winters:

If you would like further information, please don’t hesitate to get in touch.

Kind regards
    Cam Wood
    Line producer
    Fixer
    Location manager
    reelnz.com

nzmb/ +64 21 824 271
    email/ cam@reelnz.com
    skype/ cam-wood

Bui Baldvinsson
    Participant

Greetings from iceland.

Well. In my mind think of my country Iceland.
    Its in the name.
    As well everything logistically about the Corona “not the beer” 🙂
    Everything is very easy and it seems Iceland is very much one of the safest countries to visit these days.

Give us a call when you want and i will provide you with all details needed for your project.
    bui@hero.is

Also you are free to browse our drone partner site for inspiration.
    https://airstock.is/footage/category/glaciers/

Be safe and be in touch

KIM .
    Participant

Yes!Absolutely and definitely, NEW ZEALAND.
    We can Help to as CASTING. We can collaborate with Cam Wood too.
    Your one/definitive stop shooting location is NEW ZEALAND. Best.
    Kim
    +64223914632 (NZ mobile)
    emails: italiankiwi.filmconnectionz@gmail.com OR direction@malcolmxcasting.com

Paolo Sassi
    Participant

Hi Kryuchkova,

we constantly shoot on snow in the summer for many winter-in-summer project. Please feel free to contact paolo@shootinthealps.com with some more informations on your project and I will reply shortly after with some of the possibilities. Here are a couple of projects we shot in August and September in the Alps
    Pretty Little Thing
    JCrew
    Net-A-Porter
    Lipton Ice Tea
    Boda Skin
    and many more…

• This reply was modified 3 months, 1 week ago by  Paolo Sassi.

Marcelina Subirana
    Participant

Hi!
    Every year during August or September we do exactly the same: we shoot TVC with people skiing, snow fights – all sourounded by beautiful snow 🙂
    Usually we go to the glacier in Switzerland or Italy.
    Snow guaranteed 100% through all the year. That’s the best place in Europe trust me!
    You can write me an e-mail and I will send you more detailes without problem.

Warm Regards,

Marcelina

marcelina@zerkofilms.com

Participant

thanks

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

You must be logged in to create new topics.

The Location Guide - Forum rules

• Use of the forum is free. You must however agree to abide by the following rules:
  • All messages express the views of the author, and not of The Location Guide;
  • The Location Guide team will try to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, but cannot be held responsible for the content of any message;
  • In using this forum, you promise not to post any messages that are abusive, hateful, obscene, sexually-oriented, defamatory, threatening, discriminatory, or otherwise violative of any laws;
  • The Location Guide team reserves the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread or post for any reason;
  • We may also remove messages that are not related to the topic of discussion, or are otherwise inappropriate;
  • Messages that directly sell or market your company's products or services will be removed;
  • Spamming is forbidden. This includes chain letters and advertisements;
  • Spamming or repeated posting of objectionable messages will result in termination of your access to this forum and the whole of The Location Guide's website.

[s]