Filming in Canada
Canada remains a top international filming location, with Toronto, Vancouver and Montreal as the main production hubs rivalling the likes of New York, Atlanta and Los Angeles.
Generous provincial filming incentives are a key element of Canada’s overall success, as are the country’s studio facilities and ability to double for US locations.
Vancouver offers easy access to California and has recently hosted high-profile movies like Deadpool, the hugely successful Fifty Shades of Grey and the much- anticipated zombie spinoff Fear the Walking Dead. British Columbia is also becoming a visual effects hub. Sony Pictures Imageworks now has its HQ in Vancouver and Animal Logic will be opening a local office to make The Lego Movie Sequel.
Toronto has world-class facilities including a branch of Pinewood Studios. The eastern province got a boost with Adam Sandler’s big-budget adventure Pixels and Guillermo del Toro’s Crimson Peak.
Montreal has hosted two X-Men sequels and could also benefit from the falling value of the Canadian dollar, which will only increase Canada’s appeal for the US.
Alberta is also building its first studio – the Calgary Film Centre – which should be opening for business in 2016.
- Homes And Land of Montreal - May 28, 2020
- We Fly Aerial Media - May 20, 2020
- Jon Sheppard Media - May 7, 2020
- Sunly Solar - Apr 14, 2020
- Cal Imaging Specialists - Mar 3, 2020
- Marketing Blitz Inc. - Jan 28, 2020
- Viva Media - Oct 4, 2019
- Celtx - Oct 4, 2019
- Abacus - Sep 23, 2019
- Edge Enterprises / Edge Entertainment - Aug 23, 2019
- Need Golden Wheat Field in USA or Canada - Mar 5, 2019
- looking for fixer in Canada (for scouting in Ottawa river) - Apr 30, 2018
- Location Manager / Fixer for Alberta, Canada needed - URGENT - Aug 29, 2017
- Fixer needed in Vancouver, Canada - Aug 20, 2017
- Location Manager and Fixer in Alberta, Canada needed (URGENT!) - Aug 9, 2017