Filming in Newfoundland and Labrador
As a combination of two territories, Newfoundland and Labrador offer a diverse range of locations that are easily accessible through the local Film Development Corporation. The province's close proximity to the ocean prevents any lack of seaside scenery, but among the most highlighted locations are the various mountains that can rival those found in Nordic countries.
Staying in competition with its neighbouring provinces, Newfoundland and Labrador offers a tax credit incentive on filming. The tax credit can either represent up to 40% of eligible local labour costs or 25% of the overall expenditure of a single production.
The province has received international recognition after being utilised by TV series Frontier, starring Jason Momoa, and feature film Maudie which stars Ethan Hawke and Sally Hawkins.
Due to its close proximity to the ocean, Newfoundland and Labrador enjoy a typically milder climate when compared to the other Canadian provinces.
- Homes And Land of Montreal - May 28, 2020
- Jon Sheppard Media - May 7, 2020
- Sunly Solar - Apr 14, 2020
- Cal Imaging Specialists - Mar 3, 2020
- Marketing Blitz Inc. - Jan 28, 2020
- Viva Media - Oct 4, 2019
- Celtx - Oct 4, 2019
- Abacus - Sep 23, 2019
- Edge Enterprises / Edge Entertainment - Aug 23, 2019
- Sault Ste. Marie Film Office - Aug 22, 2019
- Need Golden Wheat Field in USA or Canada - Mar 5, 2019
- looking for fixer in Canada (for scouting in Ottawa river) - Apr 30, 2018
- Location Manager / Fixer for Alberta, Canada needed - URGENT - Aug 29, 2017
- Fixer needed in Vancouver, Canada - Aug 20, 2017
- Location Manager and Fixer in Alberta, Canada needed (URGENT!) - Aug 9, 2017