Filming in Slovakia
While Slovakia is renowned for its documentaries and has regular visitors for commercial shoots, its foreign film production has been virtually non-existent over recent years.
Slovakia has borders with industry giants the Czech Republic and Hungary, as well as Austria, Ukraine and Poland, so it’s not surprising that its 180 castles and ruins, 1,200 manor houses and mansions, and majestic mountain ranges see a fair bit of production activity for domestic shoots.
Crew and equipment levels are lower than its neighbours, but the country is rich with possibilities for location filming and everything you need can be easily brought in.
Slovakia has a typical European continental climate. Summers are warm and dry with average daytime temperatures ranging from 20C to 25C, but with the risk of a thunderous downpour at the end of the day. Temperatures will be cooler in the mountains. Winters are cold with an average daytime temperature of 0C in January, with colder and foggier conditions in the mountains.
Average daily daylight
Average daily sunlight
- South West Film Location Solutions Ltd - May 21, 2020
- spectral - Apr 13, 2020
- Film location managers s.ro. - Mar 20, 2020
- Slovak Film Commission - Sep 14, 2018
- Angel Films Slovakia - Sep 19, 2017
- Slovakia - Jan 22, 2017
- Cine-Jessy Casting Studio - Feb 28, 2013
- Tomas Klenovsky - Feb 12, 2013
- Koliba Production & Services - Nov 22, 2010
- Bird & Bird - Nov 17, 2010
- Nuremberg Palace of Justice _ ASAP needed - Feb 4, 2020
- A Call for EU Documentary Makers for an International Co-production - Jan 17, 2014
- SKI SLOPE/RESORT LOCATION IN NOVEMBER - Nov 11, 2013
- Looking for a fixer in SLOVAKIA - BRATISLAVA - Jan 24, 2012
- LOOKING FOR A FIXER ( SLOVAKIA - BRATISLAVA) - Jan 17, 2012