Game of Thrones and Iron Man 3 among winners at inaugural LMGA Awards
Location professionals from Game of Thrones and Iron Man 3 were among the winners at the inaugural Location Managers Guild of America (LMGA) Awards in Los Angeles over the weekend.
Robert Boake was awarded for Outstanding Achievement by a Location Professional (TV Programme) for HBO’s hit fantasy drama Game of Thrones, which is based in Northern Ireland. Ilt Jones won the feature film prize for his work on Marvel’s comic book sequel Iron Man 3, which filmed mainly on location in North Carolina. David Doumeng and Charlie Love were given the commercial prize for their work with Nike.
Here’s the full list of winners:
- Outstanding Achievement by a Location Professional - Feature Film: Ilt Jones (Iron Man 3)
- Outstanding Achievement by a Location Professional - TV Programme: Robert Boake (Game of Thrones)
- Outstanding Achievement by a Location Professional - Commercial: David Doumeng & Charlie Love (Nike)
- Outstanding Location Feature Film: The Secret Life of Walter Mitty
- Outstanding Location Television Programme: Game of Thrones
- Outstanding Film Commission: Albuquerque Film Commission (Breaking Bad and Lone Survivor)
Ben Stiller directed and starred in The Secret Life of Walter Mitty, which doubled Iceland for multiple countries around the world. Breaking Bad was based in Albuquerque throughout its five-season run, while Lone Survivor doubled New Mexico for the mountains of Afghanistan.
In addition to the main prizes, filmmaker Alexander Payne was given the Eva Monley Award in recognition of the location work done over the course of his career. Director of Photography Haskell Wexler received the Humanitarian Award and Scott Dewees was given the Lifetime Achievement Award. Sheri Davis, Director of the Inland Empire Film Commission received the Trailblazer Award.
The Location Guide was a proud partner of the LMGA Awards.
To read more about Iron Man 3 filming in North Carolina click here.
Not Logged in
You must be logged in to post a comment
There are no comments