|Benefit as a % of spend||30.00|
|Financial cap per production||5|
|Do I have to register/set up a company?||Yes|
|Does foreign cast/crew paid in their home country/region qualify as expenditure?|| No|
|Do foreign cast/crew have to pay tax in the host country/state/region?|| No|
|Does travel to/from country/region qualify as expenditure?|| Yes|
|Can a production qualify for other national incentives such as cultural programmes if it qualifies for this incentive?|| Yes|
|Criteria to access the benefit|
- - Minimum percentage of the film that must be shot in the region: 0.00%
- - Minimum spend 2000000 (in local currency)
- - Use Local cast & Crew
- - Cultural Test
|When will the benefit/incentive be received?|
- - On completion of principal photography
- - On submission of audited accounts
|Additional incentives or advantages|
- - The foreign producer must team up with a local Croatian co-producer or production service provider. The Croatian company applies to the Croatian Audiovisual Centre (HAVC) for a provisional certificate before the start of production, and for a final certificate upon completion of the production in Croatia.
The benefit is based on the cost of Croatian cast and crew working in Croatia, as well as goods and services purchased in Croatia.
The base rate of 25% is upgraded with an additional 5% for productions in regions with below average development.
The minimum local spend per project is HRK 2m (cca €267,000) for feature films, HRK 300,000 (cca €40,000) for Documentaries, HRK 500,000,00 (cca €67,000) for Animations, HRK 1m (cca €133,000) for TV films, HRK 750,000 (cca €100,000) for each TV episode HRK 450.000 (EUR 60.000) for documentary TV series (per episode), HRK 500.000 (EUR 67.000) for animated TV series (minimum total duration of 24 minutes))